When I’ve planned dinner parties in the past I’ve always started planning with the main course first (which makes sense, right?) and then built a plan for side dishes and dessert. After all this main-meal planning, however, I have often found myself deciding the appetizers at the last minute! Or throwing something together with what I have in the cupboards. This is not a recommended method – not only can it be stressful and disappointing but an appetizer can really set the tone for the whole meal! That’s why we thought we would start with appetizer’s this week.
Below is a super-simple recipe for lemon garlic shrimp. Sure to please a crowd and it won’t require a lot of extra time from you the day of (and extra time the day-of is always helpful)!
Lemon Garlic Shrimp
1 pound raw frozen shrimp, deveined, shells on, thawed
1/2 c. butter, melted
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 green onions, minced
1 lemon, juice of
2 tsp. lemon zest
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a bowl combine melted butter, garlic, green onion, lemon juice and zest, salt, crushed red pepper and black pepper. Whisk together.
3. Placed thawed shrimp in a 9″x13″ pan. Pour butter mixture over the top making sure all the shrimp are coated.
4. Cook 8-10 minutes, turning once, until shrimp are pink.
5. Spoon some addition butter mixture over the top of the shrimp before serving. Yum.
XO – Rae
Have you liked us on Facebook yet? You know you want to!